Sunday 25 August 2013

I, Priestess (15)


I, PRIESTESS (15)


Garage clearance.

It seems my abode rests on sound foundations, so I'm burning my journals: melancholy meditations.  Thirty years of musing (for the most part bemusing). I've borrowed a brazier.

It's repetition that makes the diaries familiar; thirty years of reinterating thoughts all too similar.

Time to grow up and move on.

Four trips to the tip: I got lost the first time, but I threw away things that were and weren't mine. (The hoover was heaving from swallowing dust - and spiders and snails, cobwebs, paper-rust).

Now. . . .

De-cluttering a place mostly leaves me elated but, this time, I felt quite defeated, deflated. 

To throw things away is a sort of life-edit. (Keep what served you well and still does you credit.)

But you cannot ignore the alternative version: the irrational and messy illogical person (in boxes and plastic bags).

I'm so pleased that person's now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment