Saturday 28 July 2012

Emotional Insecurity Alarm (Batteries Not Included)



Burglar alarm
Car alarm
Smoke alarm

False alarms?

So precious is our property.
This God-forsaken society;
Driven by insecurity.

But, it's the emotional,
Not the material,
Attachments that concern me.

An aside:
I confess
It's quite disarming
To discover
Time's alarming.

To be woken from my dreams
And things.
A plastic clock:
Vibrates and rings

Reminds me
That it's time for work.
Work like a Turk.
(A Capitalist quirk.)

Alarming, Darling.

Now

There's a strategy
Not yet patented.
Indeed, I have
Created it.

It delivers us
From psychic harm.
Permanently levelled,
Balanced and calm.

Whenever I am feeling blue
Tired and depressed.
When bed's my only sanctuary;
When I just can't get dressed,

I tend to have
A little bounce.
It cheers me up,
Helps shed an ounce

Or two,

Too.

Yes, there's nothing better:
A skip and a jump
To overcome
That melancholy hump.

But what society is lacking
(Beyond compulsory slacking)
Is a mechanism
To read the signs;
The furtive onslaught
Of those desperate times.

I offer that, when once made
It's as essential to the modern home,
As was the Teasmaid
For those who live alone.

It should need no batteries,
Gas or electricity.
Be informed by Mindfulness
(Buddhism combined with CBT):

The Emotional Insecurity Alarm.


No comments:

Post a Comment